Dr. P. Raj Tangutoori, MBBS, MD
Internist, with special interest in Allergies and Asthma. General Practitioner
Dr. Tangutoori graduated MBBS in 1981, from Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
He then completed postgraduate training in Internal Medicine, obtaining the Medical Diploma (M.D.) from the same University in 1986.
After working as Consultant in Internal Medicine in various Caribbean Islands for a period of 9 years, Dr. Tangutoori joined Eureka Medical Clinic in 1999, where he has developed a very broad-based general medical practice, with a special interest in asthma and other allergy related conditions; for both adults and children.
As a General Internist, Dr. Tangutoori sees patients with a full range of medical problems, both simple and complex, and subsequently referring them when necessary to the appropriate sub- specialists, in our clinic or outside.
Conditions for which he commonly sees patients include:
- Hypertension, shortness of breath, palpitations, chest pains, cardiac or heart related conditions; ECGs are performed and when necessary referral for other cardiac assessment and tests, such as echocardiography, treadmill exercise stress tests, stress echocardiography or 24 hour Holter ECG monitoring are performed
- Bronchial asthma, sinus problems, post nasal drips and other allergic respiratory conditions, chronic bronchitis, COPD, other respiratory (Lung) related problems;
- Indigestion and other digestive disorders, peptic ulceration, diarrhea and constipation, blood in stool;
- Urinary tract infections and urinary disorders such as blood in the urine (hematuria), kidney stones, and other kidney diseases;
- Arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and other joint problems; collagen vascular disorders, for instance: Lupus erythematosus;
- Diabetes, cholesterol and other lipid related disorders, other metabolic disorders; thyroid problems- including over active thyroids (hyperthyroidism) and under active thyroid problems (hypothyroidism);
- Neurological disorders, strokes, TIAs, all types of headaches, including migraine headaches, seizures or epilepsy;
Dr. Tangutoori performs allergy testing and lung function assessments. Ear syringing for impacted ear wax is also a frequently performed procedure.
BVI now second to none: Green Light Laser treatment for urinary obstruction
Read More »
Surgery for Prostate Cancer - Another First For The BVI
Read More »
BVI’s first penile prosthesis for erectile dysfunction implanted at Bougainvillea Clinic
Read More »
8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.,
Monday to Friday
Visit Eureka Medical Clinic